News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Leaf Springs

Started by 57imposter, 2019-02-20 13:17

Previous topic - Next topic

57imposter

I've been searching for a leaf spring source and having no luck other than Mac's Auto. I have checked with all the usual suspects and nobody seems to be carrying anything. I am trying to locate springs for either a Ranchero or a wagon.

RICH MUISE

Hey Doug...........Most, if not all, of us are getting them from McVeigh's truck spring. Contact info is in our listing of vendors.
Their .com is not responding..........here's a Yelp info page link
https://www.yelp.com/biz/mcveighs-truck-springs-mio

If you call them, ask them about their website and if it's still active.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57imposter

Thanks Rich........I will try and chase them down tomorrow.

fdlrc

Another option -  Whenever we needed new spring packs for our fire trucks we just dropped of the worn springs along with the required spring rate, and they made them up in-house. I did the same thing for my 74 Bronco and 65 Mustang. They were perfect. 
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Ray

I'm gonna go back to Steve Pierce (310) 631-0053. The last time I was out to see him he still had 3 or 4 sets of wagon rear springs. But only if you want originals.
Willow Green 57 convert
Coral Sand over Gunmetal 57 "E" convert
"M" code 1969 Fairlane Ranchero
"Q" code 1969 Torino Cobra jet (427)
Inca Gold 57 Thunderbird

John Palmer

Quote from: Ray on 2019-02-20 16:50
I'm gonna go back to Steve Pierce (310) 631-0053. The last time I was out to see him he still had 3 or 4 sets of wagon rear springs. But only if you want originals.

Dever's Spring in Santa Ana, CA on 2nd St will build you new springs, or rebuild your old springs, to better than new.  You just need to tell them exactly what you want. 

For towing vintage trailers, they stiffened my Ranch Wagon rear springs, but I told them not to make it any higher than necessary.  That's exactly what I got when I picked it up.  They have been in this same location for over 100 years.  It's a old time blacksmith shop.

Atlas Spring, in City of Industry, CA does the exact same work.

Jeff Norwell

I got my springs from McVeigh as Rich Noted.... they are perfect, all hardware was included as well.I am doing another set and will hot the local truck spring centre in the next town..
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

terry_208

I've used Boise Spring Works, not for the 57 but for my RV and I can't remember what else. It's family owned and operated. They also were a blacksmith shop but had to relocate when highways went in. Now located at 605 Meadowland Dr., Boise, phone (208) 377-1157.   
Terry

Randyh

I went directly to Eaton spring.  The original spring number is stamped on the spring under the axle mounting plate.  I gave them that number and they still had the specification to make the springs matching the originals.