News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Are These Drain Holes Or What?

Started by fdlrc, 2019-07-09 11:36

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

I'm putting my Custom 300 doors and seals together. I'm not sure what these two holes are for, the seal is the old one, the new one from Steele is the same. I can see where the large one could be used to channel water down through the bottom of the door, the small hole??? Both sides are the same, even the 58 in the shop has the same holes and seals. From what I've found online I'm not missing anything, any ideas?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

gasman826

RICH MUISE

Les..........My dogleg's end tab was long enough to put a sheetmetal screw into that small hole to hold the tab down. I think you are correct on the slotted larger hole.....drainage. The way that tab is made and located it looks like it was designed to funnel water into that hole.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

fdlrc

None of the tabs or doglegs are made to reach the screw hole. So you're saying the factory ones were made longer with the ability to reach the screw hole. The reason I asked was all the pictures I've seen are like the seal I have pictured. I haven't run across a picture where that screw hole was used. 

lalessi1

Here is a pic of factory installation.
Lynn

fdlrc

Yep, a picture is worth a thousand words, that's the pic I could never find. Thanks

RICH MUISE

Mine is exactly like Lynn's pic, but mine is Dennis Carpenter. Mine does not have the extra hole in the dogleg that the pic shows.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

the og rubber also has a sheetmetal reinforcement inside the rubber where the screw goes.