News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero Tailgate Support Strap Rubber Bumpers

Started by KYBlueOval, 2019-07-08 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I'm told that the correct part number for these  tailgate rubber support pieces is  B7A  16993- A . I've also been told these bumpers are Obsolete and N.L.A., add to that I've never seen one so I don't know what I'm looking for in the way of a replacement piece.
If anyone on the Forum has these on their Ranchero could you take a photo and post it along with some measurements, and how it attaches.
If a photos gets posted, I plan to go to the Pull A Part and look for something similar. If I find a good substitute, I'll post the information here on the Forum.
Thanks
John

Ray Summitt

C&G ford parts have these on their website as b7a 16993-a for $1.95 each and says their in stock.
Mac's and Ecklers both list them for $3.49 each and in stock. They all show a picture of the part.

Ray

KYBlueOval

Thanks Gary. That number is what I was given and told it was N.L.A. Guess I should have looked into it further. I thought the source of the information knew what they were talking about.
Well, let me start over.
Can a Forum member, with a Ranchero, that has the rubber bumpers that support the Tailgate Support Arms (I think when the tailgate is closed) on their Ranchero,post a photo of the rubber bumper and its measurements and how it attaches to the body.
Or, IF you know the correct part number can you please share it and post it here.
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

John the strap bumper on one side of mine has/had a perfectly round "rust impression" around the hole after I pulled out a small threaded screw with a really tight fitting "washer".  There was no rubber on the back side but given there was a small space between the washer and the side there could have well been some in there.  Have done zero research on what was supposed to be there. 

I know that is far from an answer and given no known history on my car it is the best information I have.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Sorry John can't help mine are missing also and checked a friends under construction ranchero and his are missing to. All my searches of different suppliers has never turned up anything.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

dgasman

You are talking about the bumper for the lower section of the tailgate jam ? They are the size of a large gumdrop and slip over a screw and they are repoped . The part number 358939S . I will take a pic of the ones on my ranchero later . If you are looking for the ones at the top of the jam they don't make them , part # B7A5940426A. Hope this helps
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

KYBlueOval

Yes sir that helps a lot.I look forward to seeing the photo.
Thanks
John

dgasman

Here's a pic
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

KYBlueOval