News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Borgeson Good Guys

Started by 57imposter, 2019-09-16 13:16

Previous topic - Next topic

57imposter

I acquired a new Borgeson power steering box from a local shop where it had set on a shelf for perhaps as long as 10 years. I installed the box on my car and found it had an oil leak and steered harder than it should. After much screwing around I determined it best to send it to Borgeson for repair. The box was new and never installed but it was also old and obsolete so I had no exception of Warranty repairs and in fact headed my packing list with "This is not a warranty request" and was prepared to pay for any repairs or for a new box if mine was not repairable as I did suspect a machining issue on the oil leak.
They received the box on Friday morning, At 8 O'Clock, this morning I received a call from a service tech named Jeff and he said he had " Good and bad" news. They could fix the oil leak but couldn't fix the hard steering as the body was honed oversized and would not hold enough pressure to work properly. He followed that by saying that he would be pulling a new current box off the shelf and sending it to me NO CHARGE!
I worked, several years, in the Warranty dept of a major diesel engine manufacturer and have never seen a company step up with this kind of product/customer support. They were certainly under no legal obligation but apparently took a moral obligation very seriously. They are a company who clearly deserve support.   Thank You Borgeson!!!

fdlrc

Awesome, thanks for spreading some good news.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Ecode70D

That was a nice thing that Borgeson did.  They stepped right up to the plate.  Most companies would have told you that you have to spend some more money.   

alvin stadel

I have Stewart  Warner  gauges in my street rod 3 years old, have had to replace  volt meter, speedometer, oil pressure, at my cost. I would never buy anything from them again. Sounds like you are working with the right guys.  Take care, Alvin

mustang6984

Quote from: 57imposter on 2019-09-16 13:16
I worked, several years, in the Warranty dept of a major diesel engine manufacturer and have never seen a company step up with this kind of product/customer support. They were certainly under no legal obligation but apparently took a moral obligation very seriously. They are a company who clearly deserve support.   Thank You Borgeson!!!

Sounds like they share the same attitude as Costco. We bought a new fridge in '05 from the Costco in Sequim WA. literally a week after the warranty expired, so did the fridge. I went in and explained that is was only a week past warranty, and that I really thought a fridge should last a LOT longer than 2 years...especially one i had paid over $900.00 for.
The gal asked if I could bring it in or would they have to come get it. I told her I could. I loaded it into my car trailer and went back. She told me to go look at what was there and pick one out. I did, it was a bit more as they no longer had the one I had purchased before. I offered to pay the balance, and she said to forget it. She said they were sorry for the trouble, and that if I lost any food to bring them the receipt for replacement and they would cover that as well. Luckily we had a fridge in the garage that was able to hold our food and we lost nothing.
But it goes to show that some companies STILL value their customers over the almighty dollar. In both cases here...the companies gave up a minimal amount of potential profit...to make future sales a possibility. Smart...very smart.
I am a loyal Costco member...and even when I move to Branson MO., I will still go to Costco, even though until they build one in Springfield (which is going to happen at some point) I will have to drive to Kansas City. I will just go less often, and buy more when I go.
More importantly...I have been debating which company to go with for my Courier for a power steering system. After this O/P...I KNOW who I will be going with...and I will be sure when I call for my needs...I will tell Borgeson WHY I came to them. I think it is good for them to know when they do something kind for someone...that it comes back to pay dividends.
Thanks for the news...makes my day to know who I will be dealing with, and the sort of service I can expect.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker