News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

weather

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2020-02-29 13:35

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

will this weather ever end in michigan?  i'm not getting any younger

Mike Cypher

Located north west of Minneapolis Mn.  We are warm, 37F, but the roads are white with salt!   Should get better by middle/end of April.  We really like summer up here, especially if it falls on a weekend!

lalessi1

Kids next door got in their pool today, the pollen is really bad and so are my sinuses. Spring has been here a few weeks.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Some of the trees here are starting to bud, and vines we have in our back yard are covered with flowers. Won't be long. I headed for the first Saturday of the month cruise-in this afternoon figuring there would be tons of cars there. Stopped at an ATM on the way and noticed FEB 29 on the receipt. Crap! I was thinking of heading to Colorado for a few days, checked the weather.....60-80% chance of rain. Maybe I'll head for Albuquerque or Ruidoso tomorrow, lol
Probably too early for our small weekly 6th on rt66 Saturday night gathering, but it's sure warm enough. The sun's going down and still in 60's, so I may just mosey on over that way.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-02-29 18:47
Some of the trees here are starting to bud, and vines we have in our back yard are covered with flowers.
You & Lynn are just bein' meanies!  :'(

mustang6984

Quote from: geraldchainsaw on 2020-02-29 13:35
will this weather ever end in michigan?  i'm not getting any younger

OH MY! I can see why you want winter to be over! I would too if that car was sitting in my garage looking to hit the road! NICE!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ecode70D

We are getting an early break in the weather this year.

Tom
      Living in that cold is like punishment. I have no idea how you can actually work on your old cars.   Hope that you get that Edsel/Ranchero up and running  soon.
Jay

lalessi1

Quote from: Tom S on 2020-03-01 21:13
You & Lynn are just bein' meanies!  :'(

Yea, but you can be a meany back when the Summer gets here.... in about 6 weeks :004:
Lynn

Swank

.....what Lynn said.   ...poor radiator.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

Tom S

Quote from: Ecode70D on 2020-03-10 10:54Tom     
Living in that cold is like punishment. I have no idea how you can actually work on your old cars.   Hope that you get that Edsel/Ranchero up and running  soon.
The cold, darkness and snow can make things harder to do.  When working in the garage it's not that bad unless you have to lay on the garage floor.  Several years ago I had to change the clutch in my snow plowing '71 Bronco. Right in the middle of plowing it let go with a big bang & killed the engine. Couldn't release the clutch or get it out of gear.  Had to move it, get the plow off & get the Bronco into the garage. Managed that after crawling under & using a big crescent wrench to shift it into neutral. Started it up & raised the blade then shut off, put it into first gear & cranked the starter to start & go. Back & forth with that start/stop in gear business several times.
It was pretty cold out at the time. Pulled the 3 speed trans & 4WD transfer case as one unit. Had a terrible time getting the trans back in & about froze to death. Trying to balance & line up the unwieldy trans/transfer case on my motorcycle jack was a problem. With that problem & partly due to the cold it took me three or four days to get done what I'd usually been able to do in one night.  Felt like my very bones were frozen. Doubt I'll ever have to do that again but if I did I'd just pull the engine.   
I do want to get the Edsel/Ranchero up & running with the 390 & 4 speed I have but not sure when I'll be able to do that. I really need to get my '31/'32 Roadster back on the road. First priority this summer is to fix & sell that pretty blue Ranchero that I'd foolishly bought. Also have to fix & sell 3 motorcycles just to make room on the floor for the Roadster.
Way too many project cars & bikes for one single old man to be dealing with!

It was 2 degrees F below zero here early this morning with reports of minus 6, 7, 9 & 10 in other parts of Anchorage.

(I think the Bronco's pressure plate & clutch disk that I changed were the original parts. Disk was worn down extremely close to the rivets.)

Tom S

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2020-03-10 11:05
Yea, but you can be a meany back when the Summer gets here.... in about 6 weeks :004:
Huh, I can? Don't know why.
The way things are looking here right now it might be more like 8 to 10 weeks. Quite a bit of snow & lots colder than normal. : (