Will 57 T-Bird tail light extensions fit a Fairlane correctly?

Started by JetDoc, 2020-04-05 10:15

Previous topic - Next topic

JetDoc

I'm in the market for both Tail light extensions without chrome trim/molding screw holes. I've seen many advertised they will fit both T-bird and Fairlane. Are they the same? I'd sure like some chrome ones, even thou my club didn't come with them.

Hoosier Hurricane

Yes, Fairlane (not Fairlane 500) and T-Bird are the same.  Chrome ones are not factory, you'll have to have yours chromed or find some that were chromed back in the day.   John

RICH MUISE

Huh??...........Fairlane and Fairlane 500 tailight extensions are different from each other?? I knew Custom/Ranchero/wagon tailight extensions were different from the Fairlanes. First I've heard that Fairlane and Fairlane 500 were not the same.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

The Fairlane 500 tail light housing has the chrome trim piece that connects to the long stainless piece on top of the fin. The other Fairlane body styles do not have the chrome piece on the housing same as the T-Bird.

terry_208

Not trying to hijack the thread but doing so anyway, are the lenses the same for all 57 except for back up lights lenses?
Terry

Ford Blue blood

Yes.  The trim rings are unique to back up light or no back up light.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II