News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

dash texture paint

Started by uncleaud, 2008-09-11 12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

uncleaud

Any information on how or what Ford used for the texture on the bottom half of the Thunderbird dash? I'v tried the rocker schutz and it just doesn't quite do it. I know that Ford wasn't too high tech so it seems like it should be a doable thing. Any info on materials or tech would be appreciated. Thanks

uncleaud

must be a trade secret....can't get any response anywhere:)

Lou

uncleaud

1957----sorry about that

Lou

I don't recall the bottom of the 57 T-Bird dash being textured, but I've only owned one 57 Bird. If it is the same as what was used on the 58/60 Birds it is not a paint. It is baked on vinyl plastic. Use of a gloss reducer in your paint should give you the same effect, but you will have to experiment to find out the proper amount.

Hoosier Hurricane

Casco has it in black or white.  I suppose if you needed another color you could put it over the black or white.  When I did my '57 30 years ago I used acrylic enamel with out thinner or hardener and put it on with the spray gun held too far away.  Left lots of orange peel, and it endured a CTCI judging with no points lost.

John