News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Orange County Cruise (SOCAL)

Started by shopratwoody, 2008-08-26 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

Who all is going to the Cruise? So I can look for you.
Ron   :burnout:
I hate blocksanding!

57AGIN

Ron:

I'll be there.  I haven't had any responses from anyone else this year, probably because there isn't any special parking arranged, LOL.  I will probably be there on Sat and Sunday, but not on Monday.  Where do you usually park for this show?  Where would you like to meet?  I know Rick won't be showing this year, but he may come down for a while.  I'm looking forward to hitting the switch and cruising with some open headers,the only other times I can do this is on the freeway when I'm passing or being passed by a Harley.

Bob
57AGIN

57AGIN

Well, the Great Labor Day Cruise is in the history books.  I turns out we had two club members present with their 57's and five other 57's at the show.  Not a great turnout but some pretty nice representatives of our marque.  Go to the Gallery for a couple of shots of the cars.  There was one very nice 57 Custom all the way from Arizona, powered by a twin turbo 302.  I wasn't able to get his name, but he comes to this event every year and I'll corner him next year.

The attendance was down at this event this year but that seemed to help out on the cruising end of things.  I found I have a relay problem with my electric fan controls to troubleshoot.  Seems the fan comes on but immediately shuts off, that's not good for engine longevity.  Fortunately, it didn't occur until on the way home and most of that travel was at 70 mph.

Bob
57AGIN

shopratwoody

Good to see you there Bob. The Cruis'n was better with less cars I agree.
Rumors have it, it may not be around next year. I guess Ruby or whoever has pissed
alot of vendors and other folks off. Hope someone decent takes it over.
It was orig put on by WSRA and then OCCA took it from there.
Back to trying make my pictures smaller for this site. Had no trouble when it accepted
photobucket. Now it's a PIA too figure out the Windows edit deal.
See ya later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

JPotter57

sned me your pics Ron, and I can resize them for you....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

Ron & James:

Dummy me, why didn't I think of that. :dumbass:  Ron, you can send the OC Cruise and other photos you've taken to me, too.  I'll shrink them and email them back to you.