Is this Stainlees Steel Ranchero Bed Trim for a '59 Ranchero?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2020-07-09 14:43

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I have a complete set of Ranchero Bed trim, but the tail gate piece and the two adjoining corners are different from what I have for my '57 Ranchero,and I'm wondering if this set is for a '59. I've attached some photos of the two corner pieces. The tailgate piece is shaped to mate with the shape of the corners.
What do I have?
Thanks
John

RICH MUISE

I don't know, but probably......what are other options? Didn't you say in the past that you have the upper two cab corners in Stainless rather than the more common chrome over steel? If so, did those ss cab corners come from the same set as what you're showing in the pics, or/and do they match the '57 pieces?
I think we're all wondering if the rare upper stainless cab pieces came from a '59, so what you're showing us may hold the answer if the profile is different.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

KYBlueOval

Rich, thanks for your reply and interest.
As to the Upper Corners...........I have a Right Upper Corner in Stainless, still wanting a Left.
As to when or what model or years ,or what assembly plant installed the Stainless Corners remains a mystery. Many will argue that there never were any Stainless  Upper Corners.
All of the Upper Corners that I have or have seen are identical in their shape, size etc. The only difference being chrome plated steel or stainless. Ford also made the bed trim in painted steel and the corners are identical in shape to their chrome or stainless cousins
As to the Stainless Upper Corners coming on '59's, very possible. If I can talk to a knowledgeable '59 Ranchero owner, I might be able to sort this out.
John

KYBlueOval

I searched Fee-Bay and found a '59 Ranchero for sale ($65K) and I can see that the corners that abut the tailgate stainless are shaped like what I have shown in this post. So that is clears it up. The set I have is for a '59 Ranchero.
I can't tell from the photos if the upper corners are chrome or stainless. I'm going to call and ask.
John