Does anyone recognize these rear bumper/license plate lights?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2020-11-09 17:18

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

I saw these rear bumper license plate lights on a '57 Ranchero today, and I am wondering what they came from.  I don't recognize them as being '57 parts, but I'm no '57 expert, and they could easily be correct for a '57. Someone educate me please.
Thanks
John

djfordmanjack

John, these are '58 Delivery and wagon, possibly even Ranchero. Had them on my first 57 Courier. they do look great !

KYBlueOval

Thank you for the reply and information. I really liked them. As  I looked at this Ranchero today, I saw several things that are '58 parts. The speedometer, was a '58 as were the Chrome bezels with the plastic inserts on either side of the steering column. The handles for rolling up the windows were '58 as well as the upper A Frames. But it had '57 SS Trim. "57 Hood and fenders. Interesting.
Thanks
John

djfordmanjack

gasman826

I have a pair in the 'get rid of' pile if someone wants them.  Driver quality, no lens.

KYBlueOval

hiball3985

Interesting, I've never noticed them on a Ranchero. G, I guess that large plate didn't mount well between the lights  :002:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ecode70D

djfordmanjack

There you have it Jim.... the W ( Wien =Vienna) plates belonged to my friend after I sold it.....it was horrible to place the plate like that. If you look closely you can see that my G (Graz) plates fit inbetween the 58 bumperettes. well... I have to confess that I did...ahem.... 'slightly modify' the plates to achieve that. back then this was, ....ahem....nearly legal. :003:

So for me I am really happy with both the og 57 rear bumpers and their wide bumper horns spacing on my CS and DR. Nowadays, with all the watermarks on the reflecting plates, it is highly illegal to even think of moving those around. Our plates are hideous.....to say the least.

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2020-11-10 11:32
Interesting, I've never noticed them on a Ranchero. G, I guess that large plate didn't mount well between the lights  :002: