News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Thanks

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-11-11 09:14

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

To all the Vet's out there, past and present, THANK YOU for your service.  Have a great day.  Take care, Alvin

FiveSevenLiter

Thank you to the fallen

Sargeant Thomas Lehman - Germany
Private Terry Street - Afghanistan

:canada:

1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

abe_lugo

thanks to all the Vets on the Board!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

mustang6984

On this day I remember even more my grandfather...who spent the entire war from the first days of the Japanese combat until the days following the signing on the Missouri of surrender in the Japanese theater of battles...one island at a time. And other than a small spot in the back of his head where hair no longer grew due to a piece of hot shrapnel from a grenade, came out of that physically unscathed.
I also think of my mom's cousin who was also in that same theater of battles...who is still there somewhere in his plane at the bottom of the ocean. They were true Americans.

And..I am glad they don't have to see what they fought for turning sour in today's world.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Amen. The military didn't want me, but my dad was a SeaBee in Iwo Jima, and my brother did two tours in Vietnam. My wife served 2 years in the Army and 13 in the Navy. Connie was a Flag Writer while in the Navy, worked for 5 Admirals, an Air Force General, and an Army general. When Connie opted out a few years after we were married, the Admiral she was working for at Norad in Colorado Springs threw her a dinner party at his home. He and two other Admirals were there. Impressed the hell out of me. She was awarded a disability a few years after she got out.
For those, like me, who didn't know what a flag writer was, they are the civilian equivalent of an exectutive secretary. A Flag Officer is the base commander. She never served on a ship.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Thanks.  As we are sworn to support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and domestic I find hope that we as a country will remain the absolute best place on earth to live.  While not perfect I can tell you there is no other place I would chose to live.  I was fortunate to be able to visit and work in six of the seven continents in this world during my Navy career and this is home!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Mine is a militarily family also with six of my brothers serving.  One of therm came back home in a coffin.
Thank you to all for your comments .Amen
Jay Arrow