News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

shock absorbers

Started by bbskypilot, 2020-11-17 12:19

Previous topic - Next topic

bbskypilot

I am looking for some good (heavy duty} shocks for my 57 Country Sedan.  I would like to have some spring assisted, for the rear, however, the Gabriel Hi-jackers that are supposed to fit this car, do not have the right top end in all the pictures I see.  Can someone recommend a good, heavy duty shock?   I want to replace all 4 of them.

gasman826

Second Gen F body rear shocks have very near the same dimensions and the correct ends.  The weight of the two cars is different so the valving might be slightly different.  I put QA1 with adjustable valving on the rear of the Raunch Wagon.  I'm pleased with the control but no weight assistance for your application.

djfordmanjack

please see ebay or similar for those (rear) top end mounts. They become available from time to time either NOS or NORS.

57chero

The rear shocks for the wagon and ranchero are the same as used on the 70-81 Camaro, Monroe makes a spring assist rear shock #58551 and Gabriel air shocks are #729724.