The Forum has changed slightly.......Am I the only one seeing this change?

Started by KYBlueOval, 2020-11-20 04:00

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

Up until a few days ago, when I clicked onto the Forum, a page came up that had a line that said something like.......Topics Since your last visit, and clicking on that, brought you to a list of topics that I had not read. Now when I click onto the Forum that line is no longer there.
Also I used to see a line saying how much time I have accumulated on the Forum. That no longer appears either.
Am I the only one seeing these changes?
I understand Rich is deep in a Forum problem and possibly these issues are connected. I sent Rich a PM recently, but no reply, which is not Rich's style.
Are you seeing the same thing or am I the Lone Ranger here?
Thanks
John

djfordmanjack

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

KYBlueOval

Thanks for the replies.
I just logged out and manually logged back in..........Same situation. Those two things I discussed are not present. I'll try using chrome and see if that makes a difference.
Thanks
John

KYBlueOval

Just logged in via Chrome. No difference. Wonder what happened?
John

CobraJoe

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2020-11-20 06:58
Just logged in via Chrome. No difference. Wonder what happened?
John

Apparently you drink better bourbon than I do!    :006:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

lalessi1

Lynn

RICH MUISE

John, I did respond..maybe that's another issue. Everything is normal for me (except pic posting). I have the unread posts line and my ridiculous number of hours logged on to this site. (113 days+ !!!) The day you sent me that pm, when I logged on to the forum, it logged me on as a guest, so I didn't have that member info you mentioned was missing. That hasn't happened in months, maybe years.
On another thread Hugh said he sent me an idea to try, but I didn't receive it that I'm aware of. (I have been up to my eyeballs in paperwork on the house insurance claims)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Everything looks normal for me. Although I did have to re-log in once.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

KYBlueOval

The list of Unread posts has reappeared. The "clock" noting the time on the Forum is no where to be seen. No big deal on not seeing it. Strange.
Rich, if you see/read this, I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, regarding a possible additional listing for the list of salvage yards. Please let me know if you received it.
John

RICH MUISE

Yes, I did. My reply was, first, asking if the forum logged you in as a guest, thus being the reason why you were not seeing the personal stuff. Second, I requested you sent me the contact info for the guy with all the '58s and I'd add it to the salvage yard list. You can add that here if you wish, and I'll transfer it.

KYBlueOval

Rich, I did not receive a reply from you on either of the points I inquired about. I just checked my in box again. Nothing from you, Strange.
As to logging in as a guest..........No sir, it recognized me, but the Time of being on the Forum does not appear. The list of unread topics was missing for a day or so. It has returned, but not the Time Logged in clock. No big deal to me regarding the clock.

I'll send a PM with the information on the fella with the '58's. I think it would be useful to those looking for a '58 Steering gear box etc.
John

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

OK...........I actually talked to James today!!! A few days ago he updated the forum to the latest revision. That's the reason we were all having to log back in, and probably the reason for other changes as well. We did talk specifically about the picture posting problem except for the few using IMGUR, so he is/will be working on the issue with the upload folder.
James is well, btw, just been doing a lot of travelling for his job.
Bill, the number you had for Phillip, his dad, is correct. James knew you had called him.
I'll post this message on other related threads as well.