News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

I hate doing brakes

Started by alvin stadel, 2020-11-25 09:36

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Well yesterday afternoon I was finally going to take the retractable on it's maiden run. That didn't last very long, I backed it off the hoist and went to stop but there was no stop.  However I did have a nice puddle  of brake fluid under the car. So back on the hoist and start over again. I think I'll have a adult beverage or two just to get me started. I really hate brakes.  I wish all of you a good Thanksgiving, just stay safe and enjoy the day. Take care, Alvin

terry_208

Good thing you found no brakes before actually hitting the road!

Alvin, Happy Thanksgiving to you and the rest of the group. I hope everyone stays safe, healthy, and happy!
Terry

abe_lugo

keep at it, not sure if you run speed bleeders and use a master cylinder pump, that is the way I set up most of my cars. makes for an easier one man operation.
don't forget to adjust out the rears if you have not already.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

CobraJoe

Thanks Alvin, same to you and yours...
I'm doing brakes on a '57 T-Bird for a friend, and I told him to order everything, starting at the master cylinder back, including stainless lines. This included wheel cylinders, hoses, shoes and hardware. He told me I was crazy, so I asked him if he wanted to revisit this issue  in a few months if something went south, he replied, not really. In the end, it was the right choice. He was working with me and saw first hand how deteriorated some of the parts actually were. The master cylinder fluid return hole (the small pin size hole) had actually rusted away on the inside from moisture over the years and was probably 1/8" in diameter.
I don't know about you, but I would rather go through the grief and aggravation all at once and know what I have.
Happy turkey day all, and......

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

Ecode70D

Joe
Thank you very much for that tip on the transmitter.  They sure are sneaky.  Big Brother is watching us
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and be safe while driving also.
Jay