News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

auto city classics - glass

Started by terry_208, 2020-12-02 21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

Has anyone used their glass?  Any problems with their glass?  Is their a better place to purchase side glass?

Their prices seem good but I'm concerned about shipping to Boise, 83705.

Thanks.
Terry

59meteor

I didn`t buy side glass, but I did buy a new windshield for my 59 from Auto City. They attend major auto swap meets, so when I ordered the windshield, I had them deliver it to the big swap meet in Portland Oregon, where I picked it up in person. Since a 59 Ford windshield has a large wrap around section on each end, like a 57, it comes it a wide , long cardboard box, but even still, the outer edges were protruding thru the box, but were wrapped with bubble wrapping. When I picked the windshield up at the Auto Classic booth at the swap meet, it looked fine, and I did not have it installed until over a year later. My glass guy installed it with a new Dennis Carpenter rubber seal, and said it installed very nicely. If you have a swap meet in your area that Auto City attends, unless you need it sooner, I recommend that method, as it is their responsibility until you pick it up.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

RICH MUISE

I did the same thing as Meteor.....had it shipped to a swap meet. I did have the side glass shipped though can't remember what the charges were but there was no problem. All of my glass is from them they've been good to deal with and I've heard no complaints from others. I also got my gas tank and radiator from them.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Where are they located? If they are between you and me (I am still in Missouri) I can bring it to you when I head out in a couple of weeks.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-12-02 23:52
Isanti, Minn.

Yea...just a bit out of my way...LOL!!! Well...I tried!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Marc

I bought a windshield from them earlier this year. Very happy with it.

oldave57

I bought a new windshield from Auto City Classics this past spring for my 57 Skyliner.  The windshield was shipped (as described in an earlier post) in a large cardboard box with lots of packing material and bubble wrap.  It was very well protected and the windshield fit great, so I would definitely recommend them.  The shipping cost from Minnesota to Iowa was fairly pricey but was worth the cost in my opinion.  Their website gives you a shipping estimate so you can determine the cost before you order.

Good Luck,
Dave

terry_208

Thanks everyone!  My main concern right now is the side glass but was curious about saving on shipping by including a windshield with them.  I had searched the site and saw all the good was hoping for these personal comments. 
Terry

fdlrc

Bought all new side glass from them 2-3 years ago. Glass is good, came to my house, and all in one piece. I'd buy from them again.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

thomasso

I purchased two windshields for my Sunliner from them. The first one cracked while in storage over a winter,  Don't think it was any fault of the windshield, just very tight top ad extreme cold.  Had my side glass cut by my local glass guy Al, tinted and polished, excellent. Drivers glass cracked a couple of years later, probably from a rivet.  He cut me another and wouldn't take payment.  Great guy.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

terry_208

I got a quote for $234, delivered to my door.  I'll have to call again today as I forgot to ask about the run channel.
Terry