News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

For Sale in Hemmings

Started by lalessi1, 2020-12-19 08:45

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

Lynn

59meteor

The interior is not my taste, and a lot of clutter under the hood, but the paint and body sure look nice. Be a good car for somebody, and any minor changes could be addressed while still driving the car. Looks good.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

57chero

That's a very reasonable price for all the work that's been done and he is negotiable, One thing I cant understand is all the work he went through and then left the bed with dents and a cheap spray of bed coating.

KYBlueOval

What Clayton said.............X2

rmk57

With all the glitz and glamour on the interior I would have went to a 4.6 mod or something along that line. The old 352 seems out of place in there.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57chero

About the comment I made on the Ranchero for sale with the beautiful body and paint and crappy looking bed area I found a picture of the bed of mine when I was building it all the sanding and priming that went into the bed area was a PITA but worth it in the end, it just finishes out the whole car and dosent look you skipped that area because it was to much work. Just my opinion.

59meteor

I have never owned a Ranchero, but the vast majority of old Rancheros that I have seen unrestored, looked like the bed floor had been used for anvil tossing, pretty badly banged up. I can imagine repairing that ribbed bed floor would be a long, tedious process. Randy, I seem to recall your old 70 429SCJ 4 Speed 70 Ranchero looked like nothing but oxygen had ever been in the back. Must had lived a charmed life!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rmk57

Yes the floor, wheel wells were pretty much perfect. The only thing I never did like about it was the owner had drilled holes in the body just below the bed caps for a tonneau cover. There must have been about 25 or so 1/8" screws holes, plus the tailgate. One other thing and I've seen this before on other Fords is someone took a cutting torch and whacked four holes into the lower shock towers so they could install / access grease nipples into the upper control arms. A jagged misshapen mess that I had to fix when the engine was out.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: 59meteor on 2020-12-20 16:48
I have never owned a Ranchero, but the vast majority of old Rancheros that I have seen unrestored, looked like the bed floor had been used for anvil tossing, pretty badly banged up. I can imagine repairing that ribbed bed floor would be a long, tedious process.

I can personally attest to the man hours required to get the bed in shape!  Actually easier to count the weeks.....after mine was good enough for paint I covered it with tinted bed liner.  Not to hide anything, just my good friend that wants the car after I finish it up complained the 66 Falcon Ranchero he bought from me was too slick and stated he would like bed liner.  So, OK, I can live with the bed liner for a summer or two.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II