News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Small block with a T-10

Started by Ottoparts, 2021-03-01 18:20

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

KULTULZ

Quote from: KULTULZ on 2021-03-08 17:50

It is unusual to me as far as I know, FORD stopped the BW install in the 65/66 model year. Mainly they were waiting for the F/4/S production to catch up.

I don't have access to my 1965/72 MPC now so I can't verify one way other other.

But I will keep this in mind (hopefully) and check it out when I get all my computer stuff back.

Here Is The 1969 MUST STD TRANS APP CHART -

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

KULTULZ

Quote from: Ottoparts on 2021-03-10 12:05

He also has a super t10 that he believes was out of a bbf car. I need to go back out and take pictures of the numbers on it and see what it is. It does have the notch in the tail housing. If that's the better of the two options, maybe I can change his mind om which on to sell.

Just a note.

The SUPER T-10 was released for GM only. Of course you could buy them over the counter and through speed shops of the period.

QuoteThe most popular version of the T-10 among enthusiasts is the Power Brute Super T-10, which was used on the 1974-'82 GM A-Body and F-body cars. The Super T-10s used a 26-spline input shaft and were built to withstand the higher rpm requirements for the larger muscle car engines.

SOURCE - https://www.hemmings.com/stories/article/borg-warner-t-10-four-speed

Just to let you know it was never released in a FORD. The TOP-LOADER beat them all.

MEL DIVISION - 1958-1960

MERCURY - EDSEL - LINCOLN

SkylinerRon

The Super T-10 also had a larger shaft going thru the cluster gear (1") and better steel alloy gears (9310 if I remember correctly) and some had multiple mounting holes to the bellhousing.

You could also buy them new with Ford or AMC bellhousing pattern mounting and input shaft.

First gear ratios of 2.88, 2.64, 2.43 and 2.20 were available.

Note; The higher number the 1st gear was, the less torque it could stand. That's why early T-10's were mostly 2.36, 2.23 and 2.20. especially with big V-8's.

Ron.