News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Skyliner - Battery Powered

Started by Rancher, 2021-07-10 08:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancher

Perfect, a Skyliner with more electrics.  :002:

https://www.mercury.co.nz/e-transport/evs/evie

MEET EVIE.
She's a restored, refreshed, classic 1957 Ford Fairlane - fully electric, with plenty of grunt on a mission to enjoy Energy made Wonderful.

WHAT'S UNDER THE HOOD.
Evie's powered by a bus strength Siemens electric motor and 218 battery cells. Evie gets about 120km out of a full charge cruising around town and you won't hear her coming, she's super quiet.  Wonderful!

// Evie's a beautiful 1957 Ford Fairlane convertible with plenty of character.
// She measures 2.2m wide, 5.5m long and weighs in at 2.2 tonnes.

RICH MUISE

Well, that's different. Pat Fleishman is gonna love it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ecode70D

I can't wait to see a picture of the setup.

lalessi1

Lynn

hiball3985

WOW! 120km is about 75 miles? That kills any idea of road trips, not for me  :sad10:
And what did this conversion cost?
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I mentioned Pat Fleishman because he has started a company converting classics to electric power.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

alvin stadel

I am so old school, that I wouldnt let it set in my shop or showroom let alone my driveway. I don't like the price of fuel these days but I love the sound of pipes, esp. Y blocks and FE's.

Ecode70D

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-07-10 13:37
WOW! 120km is about 75 miles? That kills any idea of road trips, not for me  :sad10:
And what did this conversion cost?

Jim.  I don't know how they go about getting them charged when they are on a long trip.   Maybe they have
a small gas powered generator to charge the batteries. 

Wirenut

That would be too quiet for me too, I love the rumble of a V8.
I saw a show where a 68 mustang was converted to electric and it was a screamer, it had so much torque it would get squirrely when the driver put the petal to the metal, almost uncontrollable.
I guess one could hurry to the next charging station and sit for lengthy charge times, if you could find one to plug into.
As many miles as Rich puts on his, he'd have to have a long extension cord! :003:

Rancher

I can't wait to see the towed-behind diesel generator set puffing away with an umbilical cord plugged into the tow vehicle.
:005:

mustang6984

Quote from: alvin stadel on 2021-07-10 16:28
I am so old school, that I wouldnt let it set in my shop or showroom let alone my driveway. I don't like the price of fuel these days but I love the sound of pipes, esp. Y blocks and FE's.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                  :icon_super:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker