News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Manual trunk latch release decked vechcile

Started by terry_208, 2021-07-29 09:03

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

A question about manual trunk releases used on decked vehicles.  What was used to operate the release and how does it work?  What would you do to improve the operation?  I plan to install an electric release but also want a manual release as a back-up.   

Back in the day, I had a sedan that utilized a cable like the heater cables for the release. 
Terry

gasman826

bicycle shift cables and levers...any length, flexible and universal.

Ray Summitt

Here's what I have on my 57
Trunk release part number B9AB-6446145-A
Scott Drake part number C4AZ-62432A00-A

Ray

RICH MUISE

I just used a plastic-coated cable inside tubing for the first foot or so, then ss fuel line clamps to guide the cable the rest of the way. One screw for two clamps......one for the electric going to the solenoid, and the other for the manual release cable. My rear seat folds down, so I just attached the cable to a strap (dog leash, actually) and leave it behind the seat back until I need it. It's been used more than a few times..........good move installing the back-up.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

I routed a cable in a similar way to what Rich did, for the decked decklid on my 53 Lincoln. works great.