News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

brake and gas lines sizes

Started by terry_208, 2022-02-22 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

IIRC several members have gone to Ni-co lines.  My questions are these does a larger size brake line result in less pressure at the rotor/drum?  What size brake lines have others used?

What size line is sufficient for a gas line?  This is for a medium RPM normal performance Small V-8.

Thanks for the replies.
Terry

RICH MUISE

I went NiCopp on both. I've never heard a discussion anywhere in the last 20 years about changing to a larger brake size, so I'm guessing it's just not needed or an improvement or it would be being done. My guess is you would be correct, lower or inadequate line pressure with a larger brake line.
I went 3/16 on the brake line and 3/8 on the fuel lines. 3/8 was standard on the Mark VIII donor car, supply and return.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

59meteor

I also used Ni Copp for my fuel and brake lines. I used the factory size 3/16" for the brake lines, and increased the fuel lines to 3/8"  (from the factory 5/16"), since I have a fairly thirsty 428 Cobra Jet FE engine. For most small blocks, 5/16" should be adequate.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

terry_208

Thank-you for the replies. 
Terry