News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Finally brought the 57 home

Started by Marc, 2022-04-24 01:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Almost 10 months ago, the wife and I fled Connecticut and moved to Texas. It's probably been over a year since I've turned a wrench on the 57, since I left it parked in my in-law's garage until we were ready to have it brought here.
I made arrangements with Bill's Auto Works to haul the car to TX after seeing all the positive reviews he has on the HAMB. Bill did a fantastic job making sure the old girl made it here with no hiccups.
For the first time in the 36 years I've owned the car, it's parked in a garage big enough to hold the car, the tools, all the parts I've collected over the years, and still have plenty of room to work on it. What a change from the tiny, dark, and cluttered garage at my last house!
It feels great to be able to work on the 57 again. Here are a couple of pics of it being picked up, dropped off, and at home in her new digs.

CobraJoe

That is by far, the narrowest '57 I have ever seen.  :003:

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,

RICH MUISE

Awesome..........welcome to Texas. I knew from the first pic it isn't around the plains of North Texas!! Car looks great, as does your new neighborhood.
You know I've got to ask, Joe....how did you fix the photos?
 I just checked....Palmer is just south of DFW........cool........we may get to meet someday. Next week is the Pate swap meet at Texas motor Speedway, and soon will be the second Goodguys at the same location. I love your new garage, btw. I can see why you're so happy with it.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

OK Joe...........I think I figured out the stretched pic problem and how you fixed it. The old forum had limitations on the pic size, and currently the new one doesn't. The big pics are going to cause a storage problem for the forum aside from the obvious distortion, so until James can get into the program and limit the posting size, we need to resize our pics before posting.
 under 4k mb TOTAL per 4 pic max post, and 1kmb per pic.

Marc

Joe it's much easier towing a narrow car through NYC. Thanks for fixing that! It's the first time I've tried posting pics in the new forum and apparently I need more practice.

Thanks for the warm welcome Rich. The pic with all the bare trees and water runoff is in hilly Waterbury CT. I'm looking forward to hitting some local shows and meeting some TX 57 Ford folks. I'll be out of town for the Pate swap meet but I've been hoping to make the Goodguys show.

RICH MUISE

By "second Goodguys", I meant second of the season. There are 3 annually in Fort Worth now.
You just need to reduce the size of your photos before posting. I can help with that if needed.

Marc

Thanks Rich. I'll have no trouble scaling the pics down. They were a little on the large side!
Three Goodguys shows in one season at the same location. Yeah I'm liking TX more and more.

CobraJoe

'96 Bronco,
'39 Ford Coupe,
'57 Fairlane,
'68 Torino GT
'15 F150,
'17 Escape,