News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Windshield Washer Nozzle Location Question.

Started by KYBlueOval, 2021-08-11 04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

KYBlueOval

After seeing what Rich used for a windshield washer  reservoir, I want to add windshield washers to my Ranchero.
Can someone on the Forum, with Factory Installed Windshield Washers, please tell me the distance BETWEEN the two nozzles.

Over the weekend ,I saw a '57 Thunderbird and I liked the nozzles and they are readily available. So with the distance measurement, I can mount them in the cowl vent.
Thanks
John

Ford Blue blood

John, on the Edsel and Mercury's the nozzle is part of the wiper stand.  Have never seen a 57/58 with washers so can't help with that specifically.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

oldave57

The space between the nozzles on my 57 Skyliner is approx. 25 inches.  It appears that the nozzle mounting brackets use existing mounting screws that fasten the cowl vent cover (that are spaced at 25 inches).  You should be able to use those same mounting screws on your Ranchero. 

Good Luck,
Dave

KYBlueOval

Dave.........Thank you that is exactly what I needed. I'm going to use the nozzles from a '57 Thunderbird.  I'll  fill in one of those rectangular sections in the cowl vent, either partially, or completely, so as to have a surface to mount them. Your measurement is what I needed. Thanks again
John

Ford Blue blood

John saw a pair on ebay....great idea especially since the Edsel/Mercury are made of "unobtainium"!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

SkylinerRon

They mount with the existing holes.  T-Bird nozzles are different than 57-58 pass ones.

Lots of 57's had them, you should be able some used.

Good luck,

Ron.

CobraJoe

Old thread, but I was able to pick up a set of NOS on Epay for $50 after being unable to source a set of used locally.

...and Dave's measurement is exactly what I needed.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

CobraJoe

25" worked out perfect, thanks Dave.

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

thomasso

Originally they actually go through small punched holes in the rubber cowl seal.
57 E Code Black 76B   55 Willys Aero   63 Rivera   99 Lightning  1- XK8 Convs.   05 Vanden Plas  etc.

oldave57

Joe,

Your installation looks great.  Those NOS spray nozzles were a great find!!

Dave

CobraJoe

Good to know Tom; I saw the holes and tried to push them through but I think the rubber is so old and hard. I'll try it again today.

Thanks dive, your pic and measurements made it easy, and yes, I was extremely fortunate to find them and the buyer who accepted my offer.