News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Trim Insert

Started by meteor, 2008-12-08 20:34

Previous topic - Next topic

meteor

Hi, I'm looking for some ideas on what to do with the gold insert on my wagon. I don't want the stock look - has anyone here done something really different...?

thanks

here's my car...

and trim...
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

Zapato

Have you thought of painting in a third but complimentary color?
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57tudor

Meteor

I ran into the same dilemma when I was doing my hot rod and it was a toss between gold leaf and Metelflake. Needless to say, I went with the Metelflake as it was cheaper and I think it looks better. I get allot of people at the shows that just love the Metelflake gold trim in place of the OEM trim. Hope this helps.

Rick
57 Tudor

meteor

Rick, the metalflake looks awesome.

KidKourier

Meteor,    I was at a show and saw a '57 Fairlane that was painted a metalic silver and he took the gold inserts to Haneline here in So.Cal.,they make engine turned dash panels like on the early T-birds and they made him a complete insert kit for his dash from door to door and did matching pieces for his gold inserts. To say the least,they looked awesome! The light dances off them and really sparkles,went great with the silver paint,everybody was commenting about how great it looked for a Ford! KID

meteor

Yeah, I thought about the engine-turned idea.

now that I have the trim on the car (with no inserts), I really like it. It shows more of the dark blue and makes the trim really pop. I still think it needs something really subtle in that spot, but still retain the dark blue. One suggestion was to do a 'lacing' effect over the blue with a pattern which I think is pretty cool. My colour combo is kind of 'surf' inspired so I thought a light woodgrain effect on the blue might look neat. To help continue the theme I'd like to do a headliner with a woodgrain effect as well...

thanks for the ideas - keep 'em coming!

Zapato

since its blue you could shoot some light blue flames in there.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

robhaerr

I like the "no gold" trim look...gives a lower, leaner look to me...