FYI everyone.....New repro glass available for Custom and Fairlane series !!

Started by JPotter57, 2008-12-14 22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Classic Auto Glass carries new reproduction windshields and rear glass for the Custom and Fairlane series.  I just saw it, and I believe you can get it in clear and factory tint.  Windshields are available also with a modern looking band at top, if you like that sort of thing....C.A.G. sells on ebay from time to time, so check it out.  The windshields usually go for between 300-400 or so, with the rears at 350-450.  These have been a long time coming, for a price we can get rid of the delaminated glass, and see clearly.... :hurricane:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Auto glass is one of the most overpriced items for a classic car. Major gouging by the glass companies. not at the wholesale level but at the installer level. I was looking at a 57 a few years back that was real solid but had a smashed in windshield. Called a friend that does glass for a price and he called back a day later. List price was $1200- my cost was around $175- and being a good friend he would have installed it free if I bought the rubber.
Found glass at the Portland Swap Meet last year around $300- and less from a couple dealers. Guaranteed though if you called a glass shop the price would be outrageous.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72