News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

RANCHERO OWNERS

Started by wildhog, 2009-01-01 21:28

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

HOW MANY OF YOU GUYS HAVE RANCHEROS, I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO OTHER RANCHERO OWNERS. I AM DOING A 57 RANCHERO PRO STREET. 427 WINDSOR A.O.D. RACK AND PINION STEERING ,GRANADA FRONT DISC.AND FORD MOTOR SPORTS REAR DISC. BRAKES .NARROW 9" WITH LADDER BARS AND COIL OVERS.. BODY IS PAINTED AND BACK ON THE FRAME. I WILL POST SOME PICS. AS SOON AS I CAN FIGURE OUT. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Hoosier Hurricane

I have one, everyday driver.  Was a gift from a T-Bird restorer who only wanted the engine.  He thought it was rusted too bad to fix.  Been redone twice since late '80s.  Frame was replaced then due to rust, and again about 3 years ago.  Now has a shortened and narrowed Lincoln Mk IV frame.  Engine is a 312 with all the factory blower stuff, although the blower is off now for the winter.  Trans is FMX, rear is original.  Also have a set of '57 Merc cruiser skirts, but don't put them on in the winter.

John

wildhog

JOHN, THANKS FOR THE REPLY, MY NAME IS TOM DRUMMOND AND I MEET YOU AT THE Y BLOCK SHOOT-OUT. FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS I HAVE BEEN THE "WRENCH" ON VICTORS 55 T-BIRD. 11.80 ON A Y-BLOCK ,NOT TO BAD! WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICTURES POSTED. THANKS AGAIN TOM

Frankenstein57

Tom, I'm currently doing a 57 restomod. I'll post my pics as soon as my daughter helps me.  Are you the guy from Illinios thats into nascar?, Mark

wildhog

MARK, YES I BUILT THE 2 CURTIS TURNER 56 FORDS THE 26 CAR IS IN SPEEDY BILL MUSEUM AND THE 99 CAR IS IN THE NORTH CAROLINA AUTO RACING HALL OF FAME. I HAVE A MURIAL OF 1957 DAYTONA SPEED WEEK,  WITH THE 26 CONVERT. OF CURTIS TURNER AND THE 22 SEDAN OF RALPH MOODY RACING ON THE SAND. PAINTED ON THE INSIDE OF THE HOOD ON THE RANCHERO. THANKS TOM

Hoosier Hurricane

Tom:

Good to hear from you again.  You did a good job wrenching Vic's Bird.  I assume you guys will be at Columbus again this year.  I plan to be there.

John

wildhog

JOHN, GOD WILLING AND THE CREEK DON'T RISE. WE WILL BE AT THE Y-BLOCK SHOOT-OUT. VICKS TALKING ABOUGHT A FEW CHANGES TO THE BIRD,BUT WE HAVE TO BE CAREFULL, ANY FASTER AND WE WILL HAVE TO CAGE IT. HE DOESNT WANT TO DO THAT. IT MIGHT BE TIME FOR A COUPLE OF OLD GUYS TO SLOW DOWN A CLICK. ARE YOU GOING TO THE APRIL FORD SWAP AT COLUMBUS? MIGHT MEET THERE. TOM

Frankenstein57

Tom, my ranchero project is in my buds shop in Burlington, S east Wisconsin. Where in Illinois are you? I'm a huge nascar fan ,and a former dirt short tracker. Three seasons in a 57 sedan, 427 FE. Sometime when you are heading north, give me a ring and I'll show you the project.  Mark  414-303-3681

shopratwoody

I've still got mine. Pretty basic stuff though. I like to keep it simple.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!