News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

weight of front clip

Started by terry_208, 2024-07-11 17:04

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

Does anyone know, or have a guess, of the weight of the front sheet metal?  That is the sheet metal forward of the firewall, either including or excluding the front bumper. 

Thanks. 
Terry

59meteor

Just a wild guess, but without the front bumper, I would guess under 200 pounds. I know when I had my buddy help me re install the front clip, (less the hood and front bumper), the 2 of us over 65 year olds had no problem lifting it up over the front tires and setting it down, with the engine in place. I doubt that the hood would be more than 40 pounds on its own.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

terry_208

Thank you. That was my estimate also.  I want to tighten my front end, shafts on the bushings, before installing the front clip. 
Terry