News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Makes me feel good

Started by alvin stadel, 2024-07-21 10:41

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

Yesterday my wife and I went to a car show in Billings Mt. In a park with lots of shade trees and grass, but it was still a hot SOB, 100+. Anyway as we were driving in, the car in front of us was a 2 tone gray 57 Fairlane 500 3drht. I told my wife that is Franks car, Frank was a good friend of ours that passed away about 7 years ago. I had asked other friends what ever happened to Franks car and was told the family wanted to keep it. Afrer we got parked and set up I went over and talked with the young lady driving Franks car. it was his granddaughter. She is in her very early 20's and is a motor head. It has a 460 with a C6, AND SHE KNOWs ALL ABOUT IT. i GUESS SHE TAKES IT TO ALL THE CAR SHOWS AND DRIVES IT A LOT. Thatmakes me feel good to see that there are still some young folks out there that love to drive and take care of the cars we all care so much about.

mustang6984

That is indeed a cool story. with the lack of auto classes in high schools these days, kids seem to have lost the passion for the old iron. If they can't use a computer to figure it out, they just walk away...which is silly given that in reality, the non-computerized cars are mjuch easier to deal with!
Thanks for the share!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

abe_lugo

That's very cool.  FYI I'm having to reduce the number of 40's-80's in my Matchbox line because testing says they are not aspirational anymore.
I'm kind of miffed about it he I guess I have to be the person that drives an obsolete car to work now.   
Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008