News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Drop N' Stop conversion

Started by 05gt, 2009-02-02 22:20

Previous topic - Next topic

05gt

Looking at doing a Drop N' Stop spindle/ disc brake conversion my my fairlane. After looking at the manual, I had a couple of questions.

-Any tips or tricks on removing the stock spindle. The book says to use a special tool?

-Are the new brake lines off the calipers ablke to bolt onto the exsisting brake lines? I'm still learning my way around, and have no experience running custom brake lines.

-Will i still have to find a way to get my brake lights to work? I will be using a dual master cylinder and a proporting valve.

-any other tips, advice, or experience with this kit  would also be nice.

thanks,
mark

57 Ford Kustom

Mark :006:
   If you buy a kit from someone like Stop n Drop the directions should be a good guide. Somewhere along you path of working on your 57 you are going to need a service manual. This may be the time to get one. The kit should have the correct brake lines and or fittings. Something to ask the supplier. As for a brake lite switch I used a 65 Mustang from Auto zone less than $10, do a search here on brake lite switch.
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Frankenstein57

We always called that tool a pickle fork.  Its a long heavy bar with a wedge shape on the end ,that has a slot to slip it over the stud or ball joint. Whack it with a large hammer and wala! off come the balljoints. Autozone has a loan a tool program. good luck, Mark

05gt

Thanks fellas, apprecaite the info! Any advice on running the brake lines. Possible to use exsisting hardlines, or do new ones need to be ran?

shopratwoody

You will be running new I'm sure. Not a big deal. Depending on where you put the proportioning
valve. I don't think the ones mounted to the m/c look very good, but each to his own.
It won't be bad once you ghet into it.
Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!