News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Earth Day?

Started by JPotter57, 2009-04-21 21:10

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

Everyone be sure to celebrate Earth Day by cranking up the old Ford, and gassing it up with the good stuff, and doing a great big old smoky burnout....Me?  I'll be celebrating at the local dragstrip breathing all the burned hydrocarbons and rubber smoke.  Whatever you do, don't waste a good day hugging a tree.... :003:
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Always believed that hotrodders and restorers were the original recyclers. We just never got credit for our efforts. Anyway I'll be too busy celebrating my birthday to worry about hugging any tree.

Zap
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57tudor

I like your plan James. They just repaved my street, so I think I restripe it with the 57. LOL. Love the smell of tire smoke.

Rick
57 Tudor

:smtree2:

JPotter57

Hey, Happy B-day Zapato...it didnt show up on my calendar...have a great one.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Lou

I have a 150 year old oak tree on my front lawn. I love that tree and would use my car to run over anyone who tryed to cut it down. Does that make me a tree hugger?

wolfpupsdad

yes lou that makes you a tree hugger welcome to my world, lmao. i had a walnut tree that stood right where my new shop was going , tried as hard as i coulf to figure out anyway to save it and couldn't , down it came. just a few weeks ago in a storm we had i lost another tree and it feel across our power lines and we went without power for 2 days. i have a love hat relationship with trees.
you betya zap we hotrodders are the original recyclers , but all we got was a bad rap so as james says , lets give me smoke, lol.
bill