News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Body to Frame mounts

Started by alstoy, 2009-04-22 01:13

Previous topic - Next topic

alstoy

I have removed the Body from the frame on my 1957 Ford Country Sedan Station Wagon (model 79D) and have been trying to source a new body to frame kit. I have tried Concourse and Carpenter but they both list the kits but exclude them for both Ranchero and Wagon. Looking at the Carpenter PDF which shows the kit, it looks exactly the same as my wagon, with the last 2 'A' mounts in a different location between the car and wagon. Can anyone help me with this ?

Frankenstein57

I think I bought mine from concours , I called and they had one for the ranchero. I'll verify that this weekend when I'm at the shop. Mark

johns2000

I thought I had seen them in the D. Carpenter book.

alstoy

Thanks Guy's appreciate the advice and help. In the Carpenter Catalogue on page 22 they list B7A-5001-A as a Body to Frame Kit "Fits all except Retractable, Convertable, Ranchero & Wagons". I have asked if they do a Kit for a Wagon, they say they dont and put me onto 'Green Sales Company' who havnt replied yet. I have asked Carpenter's what is the difference but have not yet heard back from them.

The issue I have is that the B7A-5001-A looks as though it has all of the components to rekit a wagon, just the last 2 'A' points are in a different location.

Living in New Zealand (thats in the South Pacific for the geographically challenged) everything is a little harder to solve and get together. Look forward to solving this, I suspect I will be ordering  the standard kit.

jwtdvm

Hey--I went thru this also--the wagon/ranchero is the exact same as the sedans--The Ranchero Wizard (now deceased) out in Oregon told me this and he was right--He has told Dennis Carpenter that till he was blue in the face but Dennis would never agree. Now the convertible is a whole different system-----but wagon/ranchero/sedan/hardtop all the same By the way MAC sells the individual components if you feel some of your original hardware is usable--but if most of your hardware is rusty etc it comes out cheaper to just buuy the kit

alstoy

Thanks for that jwtdvm, I figured that would be the case.