24th Annual Knott's Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show

Started by 57AGIN, 2009-04-29 16:54

Previous topic - Next topic

57AGIN

The 24th Annual Knott?s Berry Farm Fabulous Fords Forever Car Show is history.  There were not as many 57 Fords at this show as we have had in the past.  Only eight 57?s showing up this year.  There were 3 Custom 300?s, 2 Fairlane 500?s, 1 Skyliner, 1 Country Sedan, and 1 Ranchero.  This is sad, because I have over eighty (80) 57 Ford owners on my contact list (people I?ve met, talked to and taken photos of during the last 5 years at a variety of Southern California car shows).  The Ranchero showing this year was driven in from Arizona.  The photos below are of Rick Crawfords and Bill Sawyers 57's, also check out the photos of the other 57's that came to Knott's this year in the Gallery under ?Club Events.?

The Knott?s show is one of the larger single manufacture shows on the West Coast, with over 1,800 Ford cars participating.  There were over 1,000 Mustangs showing, with the remaining 800 cars a variety of Fords, Mercurys, Lincolns, etc.  There were only thirty three (33) 1949 to 1959 cars exhibiting.  Seems like the cars  from the 50?s are getting to be really scarce and classic vehicles.

The weather was pretty unusual for this years show, there were cloudless skys, 102 degree air temperature and the blacktop of the Knott?s parking lot added it?s contribution.  Needless to say we were uncomfortable, it was a scorcher for a mid-April car show. 

The weather or the uncertain economy may have contributed to the poor turnout.  Hopefully we?ll do better next year.

Bob
57 AGIN