News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Convertible top bows...how close is '59 stuff to '57/'58?

Started by eberhama, 2009-05-20 22:57

Previous topic - Next topic

eberhama

I'm trying to gather parts up to put another '57 vert together. The '57s bows are pretty busted up, and I found some '59 stuff and it looks pretty close(hard to tell from small pics though) anyone have any idea? Also was wondering about the trim that runs along the back of the top that the boot snaps to. Its that stuff the same as well?
TIA, Matt

Lou

WOW , you asked a hard question. The parts you asked about are all in the soft trim parts book, not in the master parts catalog. I do not have any soft trim parts books after 1957.
What little information I have found appears that some of the bows are the same but soft trim part numbers are a real pain to figure out. The best I can tell you is go to a show and find a 59 and/or 57 and measure what you are looking for.
My Hollander book says that 57/58 & 59 windshields do not interchange so I would think that at the very least the front bow is not the same. Sorry I couldn't have been of more help.

Ford Blue blood

A friend of mine has a complete top assembly minus the front header and I believe he will sell it.  PM me if you are interested and I will give you his phone #.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II