News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door Weatherstrip

Started by alstoy, 2009-06-12 18:45

Previous topic - Next topic

alstoy

Both Concours and Carpenter say they do not stock a 4 door weatherstrip for a 1957 Country Sedan Wagon (4 Door). I am guessing that the standard 4 door (B7A-7320530-Set) the same as the wagon 4 door ??

Thanks

57 Ford Kustom

Rear doors have a different part number but I do not know what the difference is. It seems that there are enough 4 dr customs around so you could see the difference. My son has one in my garage if I can help.

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.

Lou

Hollander say the doors do not interchange, but doesn't say why.

alstoy

Unfortunately there are not too many 57's in New Zealand so it is hard for me to get a close up look. As far as I can tell the doors are the same on wagons / sedans, it looks like the glass runs are the same so from that you would assume the actual door is the same. Very confusing. If I cant get anyone to confirm, one way or the other, I will go ahead and get the sedan one and if there is a difference, make it fit.  Thanks for the help

For those of you curious or geographically challenged, New Zealand is in the South Pacific, East of Australia.

57chero

The top of the door frame on the wagon is slanted forward on the back side , the 4dr sedan is straight up and down.

alstoy

Thanks for that 57chero, looks as though a Sedan set will fit with some 'adjustment'.