News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

292 Y-block thermostat housing

Started by Frankenstein57, 2009-07-14 21:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

I'm putting my 58 ranchero together, The engine that is in it is from a 64. The stat housing has the expansion tank. I'd like to use the simple one for the 57 Y-block, maybe someone has an extra. Mark

Hoosier Hurricane

Mark:

I have used ones, and a couple NORS ones, I don't know who made them, but they look good.  Also, if you want an aluminum, I can give you the name of the guy who made some, I know he has Bird ones left, don't know about passenger car.

John

Frankenstein57

John, thanks for the reply. Stock would be fine, I put my radiator in last night, I thought I could plumb a hose in there but no way. It would be a waste to cut the tank off of the 64 housing, who knows if the hose would stay on without a lip on the end. Let me know what you need for it,you could probably put it in a post office flat rate shipping box. Thanks, Mark

Hoosier Hurricane

Mark:

How's $10 for a good used one, $15 for a NORS?  Plus shipping.

John

Frankenstein57

John, sounds good-  check your e-mail,  Mark

Frankenstein57

Got one from John, Hoosier Hurricane. Painted it and installed it on Friday, Saturday we awoke the Y-block from hibernation. Fired right up, now I can concentrate on putting the interior and bumpers back together. Thanks, Mark