News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Power Rack & Disk brake set up

Started by Lou, 2009-02-08 17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Lou

The last week of March or First week of April I have a really rare and nice 57 Ford comming in, the person I bought it from didn't relize its value restored so he put a power rack and disk brakes. We are going to bring the car back to bone stock so I will give the rack and disk brake spindels, with all non-stock parts to anyone who will take them off, or I take them off and will trade them for a complete power steering set up for a 57.

Frankenstein57

Lou, I'd be interested in that trade. I have a complete setup off a 57 ranchero, I think I have the horn ring, I have the pump which was bolted on a 390. It worked fine in the early 80's, but it should be rebuilt. Mark

Frankenstein57

I forgot, I also have the  stock spindles, drum brakes and stuff.  Mark

Lou

Mark, Thanks for the offer, email me the last week of March at vehicleone at hotmail dot com. We will see then if we can work something out.

BAMA_57

WOW! I wish you were closer. I'd love to have that set-up.
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

skip54

lou, do you still have the rack and brake setup. i've got a power steeering setup to trade. thanks  skip   carsrus7@aol.com

Lou

Skip, Shorty after I placed the adv a hotrod shop in Texas (near where I bought the car) contacked me and offered to swap power steering set up and the disk set up for the an rebuilt original style P/S and drum brake set up including labor. Needless to say I jumped on it. They did a great job and when the car reached me in Connecticut there was very little left for me to do to get it ready for sale.