News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rocker moldings

Started by rockymountaincustom, 2009-08-11 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

rockymountaincustom

I have seen a few cars with a chrome or stainless molding running along the rockers and ending up on the front fender. does anyone reproduce these pieces or any one have a set they would like to sell?

meteor

I thought I saw these 'hockey stick' moldings (repops) in the Dennis Carpenter catalogue...but I could be wrong. Big $$$.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

wildhog

THE HOCKY STICK MOLDINGS ARE REPRODUCED BY BURTON ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS, THEY ARE ALSO DOING THE LONG QUARTER PANEL TRIM ON TOP OF THE 500 FINS. CONTACT WWW.BURTONANTIQUEAUTOPARTS.COM    PH. 877-277-6753  I HAVE SEEN THESE PARTS AND THEY LOOK GREAT. HOPE THIS HELPS. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

57chero

For anybody thats interested , I contacted Burtons antique auto parts and they have completed the tooling for the gold side trim and said its a perfect match to the original they hope to start production in a few weeks.

rockymountaincustom

Lou

The rocker moulding were never really popular here in the Northeast because they trapped sand and water. But for a car only driven on clear days or in a dry climate that wouldn't be a problem.

texasmark1

I have a complete set (less the clips) in good shape... no rust.  I can't use them cause I had front fender work done and the piece that attaches to the bottom of the fender no longer fits.  yes, they command a high price, at least in my book, but I believe I would entertain offers if anyone wants to shoot me one.  I am in the Houston,TX area.

thanks,Mark
God Bless Texas!