News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

trim and paint codes for a meteor ranchero

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2009-09-13 22:05

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

just picked up a 57 meteor ranchero, about 300 made.looked at all of my books,and can not find the trim or paint codes.the trim code is XEB.the paint code is 16A.remember that canadian codes are not the same as US codes.any help would be appreciated.thanks 

meteor

XEB is white and medium blue vinyl interior. I have all the charts and colour codes, but there is no '16' listed for an exterior colour. I believe the 'A' is two-tone. If you post the whole serial number,  I can maybe give you more information.

You might try Ford in Oakville, Sandra Notrianni was a historical consultant there.
check out my site: www.brightworkautoart.com

canadian_ranchero

here is all the information off my data plate.266BK57-598093.model 266B.trim XEB.paint 16A.hopefully this may help identify the car.thanks for now

meteor

2 - meteor
66B - meteor niagara ranchero
K - assembled in oakville, ont
57 - 1957 model year
598093 - unit# (093, I think is the 93rd ranchero built)
XEB - white and medium blue vinyl interior trim
also based on this interior code, the seat shields, visor bracket, dash and garnish mouldings are 'Blue' (paint code M-21J-725-SE) The steering column is 'Dull Black' (paint code M-21J-1724-SE)
16A - still can't figure out what 16 is, there is 13 (cumberland green), 14 (tahitian green), 15 (sherwood green) 18 (woodsmoke gray), 19 (regency gray). On the two-tone chart, code 16 = 16 + 10 (10 is raven black).

The paint code on my ranchero was 2A which according to the chart is a tri-tone, white, blue and black. However, Sandra at Ford told me it was colonial white and dresden blue two-tone which made more sense.

canadian_ranchero

i took my 1957 paint chip page and scraped some paint away in places that look like original colors.roof and main body look like colonial white.below the side trim looks like gunmetal gray.the dash looks like dresden blue.i do not have the original cover for the seat,right now it is diamond tufted black vinyl.any information on the original seat and door panals would be helpful.thanks for now 

meteor

my ranch wagon was originally white and gunmetal with a blue/white interior so it may have been a popular colour combo.

I believe the interior blue is different from the exterior colours, slightly metallic maybe as it has a sheen to it. ie. I don't think dresden blue would have been an interior colour, they also have different part numbers. Here's a few pics of my original seat and door panels, bottom of seat was redone but would have matched the back with the blue as the main part and a white panel across the front edge of the seat.

lebaron bonney can send you vinyl samples of stock colour schemes for 57 ford rancheros, might be of some help with the blue vinyl colour.

canadian_ranchero

can you tell me what trim code the car in the pictures has?thanks for now

meteor

my ranchero was the same as yours XEB.