News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rack and pinnion

Started by wildhog, 2009-03-02 17:28

Previous topic - Next topic

wildhog

I have a 57 rack and pinnion set for sale on ebay check it out and let me know what you think! I have a reserve of $995.00 on it and this will probuley go up in the near future. at this time I would be willing to sell to members of 57 Ford International for $895.00 Very similar to other kits that used to be sold ,but with some improvements. brackets milled on a brigport and coated with p.o.r.15, double ujoint is black oxided ,outer tie rod endes are 11/16th original style 57 ford,grade 8 bolts are included, we are only a mile from Left hander chassis, one of the best race car chassis shops in the country. and all pieces that they supply are track tested race parts that will stand up to more abuse than you will ever give your car,bassic instructions are supplied as I asume any one ordering this kit has some mechanical abillity.Only actual shipping charges will used , no handling charges. I have tryed to keep the cost as low as possible,and still keep the quality. For the dollar spent this is the best kit ever offered. Thanks Tom
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

Frankenstein57

Tom, looks like a nice system. Any restrictions,like manual trans or certain engines?  I hope to get back in the shop this week, I'll call you.  Mark

wildhog

MARK, ANY SIZE MOTOR OR TRANS. AS LONG AS YOU ARE USING A FLOOR SHIFT ON A STANDARD TRANS. WE ARE WORKING ON IF A COLUM SHIFT CAN BE USED. CALL ME AND I CAN BRING ONE UP AND SHOW YOU. OR RUN DOWN TO ROCKTON AND I WILL SHOW YOU ALL OF MY JUNK. THANKS TOM

Ol Ford Guy

I saw Wildhogs rack and pinion components this AM, and they are first class.  The brackets are a work of art, all high grade, grade 8?,  fasteners are supplied with the package. 
Paul J.
Paul J.
57 E Code

BAMA_57

Could you provide the ITEM number? I could not find the listing.
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

wildhog

RON, THE EBAY LISTING IS 250382275568 I WILL TRY TO GET SOME PICTURES PUT ON THE WEB SITE IN A FEW DAYS. THANKS TOM

wolfpupsdad

looks like someone picked up the ball where rick wurth dropped it. only thing this guy doesn't mention is you have to use a 58 or later steering colume or cut your 57 to fit.

Frankenstein57

I met Tom this afternoon, he has some fine 57's and is providing a good product. All good!  Mark

wildhog

I JUST POSTED SOME PICTURES OF THE PROGRESS OF MY 57 RANCHERO, THERE ARE A FEW SHOTS OF THE RACK SYSTEM. THANKS TOM

BAMA_57

Looks nice, I like the blue Sunliner in the background too.
Are you going to make one for manual steering?
Ron
'57 Fairlane 500
'69 Boss 302 Mustang
'70 Boss 302 Mustang
'77 F-100 Explorer

shopratwoody

Quote from: BAMA_57 on 2009-03-12 19:34
Looks nice, I like the blue Sunliner in the background too.
Are you going to make one for manual steering?
Ron
I think if you run a non-power rack you'll have manuel steering :002:
I hate blocksanding!

wildhog

YES I CAN SUPPLY A NON POWER RACK, A REBUILT NON POWER RACK IS $60.00 MORE THAN A POWER RACK, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY . UNLESS THIER ARN'T AS MANY LEFT TO REBUILD. SO THE COST WOULD BE $955.00 + SHIPPING. THANKS TOM

lnichols1944

Tom,

Is this rack & pinon set up for the 1957 Ford a one time offer or do you build this system ? I am interested in one for my 57 Rancharo. Do you have any pictures that you could e mail me? Are you having any bump steer problems to speak of? Will it require any modifications to the stock steering column?

Pleas reply.

Thanks,
Larry

lnichols1944

Tom,

Do you still have the rack & pinon steering set up for the 57 Ford, if so do you have the complete kit to replace my old steering set up? Do you have a instruction sheet that goes with it? what about the bump steer problem,  is there any? any pictures of the system installed, how about the steering column, any changes need to be made?

Call me if possible.

Thanks,
Larry Nichols
lb.nichols@yahoo.com
(831) 245-7082