News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Barrett Jackson auction

Started by rmk57, 2010-01-19 23:27

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Lot #1057.1, a 1957 Custom "e" code. What makes it interesting is the car being auctioned before it, a 1957
Chevy 150 sedan, with a fuelie 283. Both cool cars for sure and both are black and white. My prediction is Steve Magnante will yic yak how rare and fast the 57 Chevy is, it will spend way to much time on the auction block and then go to commercial break when the 57 Ford rolls up.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

F570RD

Any idea when this will be on the block?We all need to give a watch on this one.

rmk57

Friday. Not sure what time, but the lot numbers are high so I think it would be in the evening sometime.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

F570RD

JPotter57

your prediction of that goob Magnante is probably spot on.  Really bothers me that they are so pro Bowtie on that show.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

KidKourier

It looks like they'll be on friday evening as their opening with car #906 --ending with car #1087(the '57's are #1057 and 1057.1).Both cars were on the cover of Super Rod Magazine(Oct.2007 issue) and were built by Kayo Erwin who decided to build a '57 Chevy "Black Widow" clone and wondered what Ford would do in response,so he built a '57 Ford Custom in the same paint scheme(black/white) with the Chevy running a 283 c.i. with Rochester mech. fuel injection/Ford running a 312 c.i. with dual tea pot carbs "E-code"! Unfortunately the article didn't mention wether he raced them against each other or any performance times,would have liked to have seen a heads up--best 2 out of 3! KID

Lou

The 57 at the BJ auction with the 2x4s is not an original "E" code, so I think the bidding will be a little light, I would guess under 30 Grand which is what a complete rebuilt "E" 312 engine with all factory "E" accessories is worth. The 2x4 57 Ford was compatible to the 57 Chevy 2x4, the 57 Chevy fuel injected cars would be compatible with the 57 Ford "F" suppercharged car.

rmk57

Custom sold for $49,500. Chevy sold for $110,000. I wonder if the 57 Chevy was an original 283 F.I. car?
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

F570RD

All of us know what cool is.Thats all that matters.This just parallels the way of the world. :002:

Lou

I was pissed that the 57s went off so late last night, I'm watching the auction on my computer, their about 8 cars away and a 55 Crown Vic is about to come up for bid and the damn link get shut down. $49,500 makes me wish I had waited a year to sell my 63A and 63B "E"s.
Re-guarding a 57 Chevy Fuelie, there is no way to tell what engine came in the car, all the serial number tells you is if the car was a 6 or a V8.

4banger

B-J Auction turns my stomach. They show Shevy sedans like they are the only ones around. I would have liked to hear there comments on the 57 Ford. Maybe I wouldn't. It would be all "TRASH" talk. I guess you couldn't phone bid if you wanted too.

KidKourier

I know how you feel,I watched B-J on Speed channel and they were 12 cars from the '57's when they went off the air,had to go to their website to see what they went for later that nite! Just goes to show that scrub owners will pay twice as much for a car that can be beat by a Ford at 1/2 the price!It was nice to see a clone '57 Custom E code go for $50 grand when only a couple of years ago they were only $30 grand,so maybe they're starting to be recognized in the market besides "Baby Birds--Retractables--Fairlane 500's! And has anyone seen a '57 Wagon or Courier on one of these high dollar auctions(frickkin Nomads/150's)LOL.  KID :deadhorse: :005: