News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

need info on stainless "divider piece" for custom 2dr

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-03-19 08:17

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

I have seen some custom 2 dr. models with an additional stainless trim piece above the side spear, at the front of the trim near the door. Does anybody know if it came on cars that were ordered with a 2 tone paint scheme to seperate the colors, or posibly an aftermarket item or factory option, or even a popular customizing thing from another car altogether? Anyway, regardless of it's original sorce, I need a set, Just thought it would be easier if i knew exactly what i was looking for.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

Its original, and its not stainless.  It is a potmetal piece that is hard to find in good condition.  It was used on two tone paint Customs, to cover the divide between the two colors.  I am missing one, and the one I have is pitted, so I guess I'm actually missing both of them.  I dont want to fill the holes and leave them off, but if I cant find any to replace them, I will.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

any one have a picture of this divider piece? :006:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

Ford Crazy has a couple of these for sale in the classified section, $100 pair, good shape...
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

I have seen the odd one without paint dividers. I'm not positive but the blue and white one 1957ford.com
I think doesn't have them.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

Probably wasn't an original two-tone car, as regular Customs didnt have them.  My last Custom was willow green and didn't have them, my current one is doeskin tan and colonial white, and it has them, well one of them anyway.  The other was pilfered long before I got the car.
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

John Gambill's car is the one I'm talking about, 15,000 original miles, 6 cylinder, beautiful original interior, not
sure whether it was repainted when he bought it.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Zapato

Thanks for the picture RMK57, awful fancy looking filler piece for a Custom. Have to check thru my part boxes to see if I have a pair for my 57.

Thanks again. :004:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

I think John told me that his car was originally allblue, but the original owner had the white added.  That was a beautiful car, only had 13000 miles on it when he bought it...
Old, loud, and fast.