News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Disc Brakes 5: With link to pics

Started by JPotter57, 2006-12-10 18:01

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

fiv7ford
Site Admin

Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Front disc brakes, again   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

f57351
'57 Ford aficionado
(8/5/01 7:36 pm)
Reply Front Disc Brakes?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is the best (and easyest) way to convert to disc brakes with a power booster and duel cylinder?

406Custom300
megaford_57
(8/5/01 7:42 pm)
Reply Watch for the august/september newsletter....
It will be mailed the first week of September, and will contain the contents of the brake conversion from Bob Lewis` site. There is a very detailed list of the parts needed for the swap as well as several nice pictures of the swap in progress. It shows the installation of Granada disk brakes and spindles, and is a bolt on swap. For more information on this, email john Gambill at gambill@1957ford.com, as he also has a comprehensive list and other details.

RCSignals
RanchWagon57
(8/5/01 11:25 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Front Disc Brakes?
Here is a link to get you started:

www.pcez.com/~blewis/disc.htm

406Custom300
megaford_57
(8/6/01 3:09 pm)
Reply Thanks Duncan....
I couldn't remember the link right off hand, and I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to look it up.....Way to pick up my fumble..

f57351
'57 Ford aficionado
(8/6/01 8:58 pm)
Reply Re: Front Disc Brakes?
Thank you all very much for the info on the disc brakes. Sounds like a simple swap.

f57351
'57 Ford aficionado
(8/8/01 9:03 pm)
Wow. I checked with Fatman for his 57 Ford spindles. Thespindles he sells for 57 Ford will drop the frontend a full 3 inches and cost $400.00 dollars. This is for the spindles alone, then you still need the brackets and rotors and calipers from a 75 to 80 Ganada

Tonys57Fords
'57 Ford aficionado
(8/8/01 9:28 pm)
f57 email me , I'll send you a link to a guy who is alot cheeper and has the whole kit

RCSignals
RanchWagon57
(8/8/01 10:54 pm)
ezSupporter

Re: Front Disc Brakes?
I've heard the Fatman spindles are just fabricated.
You can sometimes buy a whole Granada or Lincoln Versailles for $500.00 or less!
Then with a Versailles or some Granada ghias you get a disk brake rear end as well, not to mention an engine and transmission......it's not hard to sell what you don't need and recover the investment.

57ford351w
'57 Ford aficionado
(4/1/02 11:41 pm)
Reply Brakes
Go to this site. should answer all brake questions.
www.ipns.com/rlewis/disc.htm

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.