News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

exhaust

Started by geraldchainsaw, 2010-04-14 13:58

Previous topic - Next topic

geraldchainsaw

hi,   need a drivers side exhaust manifold for a 312,    if theres none available then i'll go to a header setup,   but don't really want to,    any out there??????????,    thanks for the help,    jerry

geraldchainsaw

ok,  let me rephrase,  not having any luck finding a exhaust manifold for the 57,   does any one know the name of a good header supplier????????????,  thanks

wildhog

JERRY, AT THIS TIME THERE IS NOT A REALLY GREAT HEADER FOR A 57 FORD ON THE MARKET. I AM SURE SOME ONE ON THE SITE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP YOU WITH A MANIFOLD. I HAVE A SET I AM SAVING FOR A FUTURE BUILD ,IF NO ONE HAS ONE,I MIGHT BE ABLE TO HELP YOU. TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

KidKourier

What about a set of ram horns from John Mummert or Speedway Motors or a forum member? Speedway's asking $380 a set(I believe their repoped in China) so you might check about John's and they'll probably preform as well as existing headers out there if this is in your price range. KID

RICH MUISE

This is a photo I took last fall. Didn't get a drivers side photo, and I'm not up on the different motors available for 57, I can only guess it's a 312 I can zoom in on specific areas if it'll help someone identify it. The car was one of 12 or 15 57's I saw at this "junk yard" in Peyton, Colo. Somewhere I have their buisness card, I can find their number if your interested.
I found it> It is Webb & Co. 22825 State Highway 94, Calhan, Co. 1-719-683-2422
They have a calhan mailing address, but they are in Peyton
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

wildhog

RICHIE, THAT PICTURE SHOWS AN F.E. MOTOR NOT A Y-BLOCK. KID , THE RAM HORNS WILL NOT FIT ON A CAR. THEY ARE TRUCK ONLY. TOM

Ford Blue blood

I believe the "Ram horns" offered by Speedway are for passenger cars.  Yes there are rams out there that were heavy truck and will not bolt up to the passenger car/light truck heads.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ford Blue blood

Jerry just went to speedway's site and confirmed that the ram horns they list are for the passenger car/light truck y-block.  $375 a pair.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

Hoosier Hurricane

Charlie Burns and Tim McMaster on the Y blocks forever site recently scored a large lot of Y parts.  They may be able to help.  Charlie recently sold a pair of manifolds.

John

wildhog

ford blue blood, yes the ramhorns will bolt to the heads ,but they drop straight down on to the car cross tube where your motor mounts mount, i don't think you can clear that. when speedy says light trucks(f100 pickups) and cars they will fit street rods and early ford bodies ,but not the 57 car. tom

Ford Blue blood

Tom I wondered about that but didn't have a good visual on how it would fit........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero

glen b henderson

I have a set that looks to be good, if interested I'll dig them out and get a picture to you.
Freedom is not Free

eberhama

I have a drivers side manifold off a '57 312. The car was missing the pass. side. Let me see if I can find it, and see what shape its in. If your going to go with headers, maybe I could buy your right side? I'll let you know what I find.

DanTudor57

What is the going price for a set of stock 312 exhausts?

I know I have at least one extra set sitting around here. send a private note if interested. I am in CA, so shipping might be prohibitive.