News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rechroming

Started by woodytwoshoes, 2010-06-04 23:46

Previous topic - Next topic

woodytwoshoes

Hello again, any ideas on getting my bumpers done? I called a shop and they told me how much so I took them there and they wanted twice the price they quoted me. Gave me the excuse that he thought it was a 56 not a 57. Anyway, where do you get your bumpers done?
Thanks,
Dave

RICH MUISE

Woody...check out a topic called"finally" further down in this section. Also give us your location as someone who lives in your area may have local info....Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

woodytwoshoes

Hello, thanks Rich, I live in western Canada, Saltspring Island, B.C. Any help with this would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

RICH MUISE

I think if I remember correctly Zappato had recomended a chrome shop in the portland area. I'll send him a pm.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Only shop I'd recommend in the Portland area would be Oregon Plating, Don't be fooled by appearances when you get there. Its an old time shop been around forever so its a bit on the old dungeon looking. However they have always done great work, not that any chrome shop can't on occasion mess up but these guys are really at the top of the heap. Portland used to have lots of chrome shops but EPA regs has whittled them down to just a few. And one that used to be great went way down hill when passed on to the 2nd generation, not sure if it survived,if its gone it wasn't the EPA that killed it but greed and poor work.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

Woody, is Alberta Plating still in business? They used to pickup parts at the Portland Swap Meet and their work was also good and closer to you and no customs to deal with.
Zapato

woodytwoshoes

Geeze you guys are great, thanks a lot. I will check out these leads,
Again, this is really appreciated.
Dave

Zapato

Woody that's what this place is all about

Alberta Plating Ltd :canada:

403-265-4947

403-265-5216  FAX

1-800-887-1439  Toll Free

Website makes me believe they're still in business, work I've seen from them was better than average. But like I said all chrome shops even the best have an occasional bad day.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato