News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

On the HAMB, 1958 Ford Ranch Wagon "Class Project"

Started by Zapato, 2010-06-09 09:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

Check out the School project being run up in Seattle, 58 ford wagon being made road worthy in an all volunteer effort. truly remarkable guy volunteering lots of time,funds and effort getting 4-5 kids thru a car project and the kids putting in a lot of the same. Totally low buck effort that the kids will never forget.

Its on the HAMB, very well documented with a ton of pictures
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

JPotter57

I've been keeping up with that, subscribed to it when it had less than 10 posts.  That guy is doing a cool thing with those kids.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James & Zapato:

Forgive my ignorance, but what is HAMB?

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

Its a traditional rodders message board on the Jalopy Journal website.  HAMB stands for Hokey Ass Message Board,  Go to www.jalopyjournal.com, check it out.  They have a couple hundred thousand members, so its a pretty big deal...Lots of cool guys there, but be careful and go by their rules, because there are a bunch of  buttholes on there as well....
Old, loud, and fast.

shopratwoody

I hate blocksanding!

Zapato

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2010-06-09 13:54
..Lots of cool guys there, but be careful and go by their rules, because there are a bunch of  buttholes on there as well....

I always advise people to lurk on the HAMB for awhile before joining. Get a feel for the site first and eat a bit of humble pie before jumping. Incredible source for parts and information. Lots of Y-block guys on there. And yes there is a rather large percentage of interesting characters on that site that are always waiting like buzzards ready to turn on the unsuspecting. Some kind of butt fetish me thinks.
Zapato

JPotter57

Exactly zapato..I lurked for probably 8 months before I posted the first thing, and still got a couple of them on me, back when I had my yellow car, not HAMB friendly.  My current 57 should fit in nicely there, totally old school, a lot like ford-crazy's nice Custom, 390, but with a 5 speed instead of a 4 gear...I love that old stuff...
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Zapato

JPotter57

Speedmaven.  Its pretty much my handle on all sites but this one.  
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

thought so, wasn't sure but Gulfport was a clue :unitedstates:
Zapato

Model A Lady

make sure you post an intro first before you post a message or they will be all over you.   :006: