News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

seems really off the wall but...

Started by RICH MUISE, 2010-09-20 07:32

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

the roasting was more of a light toasting...not to bad at all, in fact I was surprised by some of the "almost positive" replies. A lot of ideas to be kicking around...I even was looking at the panels at the end of the roof line above the tailgate window on a few mini vans for ideas. I'm kicking around the idea of a subtle lip shaped around a blue oval. As I mentioned, I'm trying to get my hood and trunk done...my last two panels...I've given up hope of getting paint on it in october...I was just rushing things too much and a lot of details still to be done like the hood and trunk hinges.etc. After I get my trunk lid done and fitted on the car. I'll have more time to play with some mockups.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Surely a walk around a mall parking lot will fill your head with possible donors. Take time to sip a "Big Red" and think it all thru.
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

2x57sedan

ok i tried to post on here when the thread was new .....................said sumthin nabout my session had timed out?????????????

soo lets try it again

first off i wouldnt do it BUT IF I DID i would  put  the horizontal piece even with the top of the fins and make the fit soo tight against the inside of the fin  that it would look like its all one big piece  and mount 2 up-rights on the trunklid i wouldnt let the horizontal piece stick out past the end of the fins

i wouldnt make the horizontal piece too thick maybe use the horizontal piece from a repo 70-71 gto judge spoiler if its wide enough

it would look better on a fairlane then a custom because of the taller more greacefull fins on the fairlane
57 custom sedan
57 failane 500 4 dr (parts 4 sale or trade)
2 60 thunderbirds 1hdtp 1 vert (parts)
69mustang
72 f100

RICH MUISE

subtle, effective. Imagine some canted tailfins on top of the fenders..like a '57

RICH MUISE

Quote from: 4banger on 2010-09-20 13:48
I think you have too much time to kill. Why take a classic and turn it into a " FREAK " I don't see no one taking a foreign car or muscle car and turning it into a 57. But this is America and you can do what you want.
wasn,t sure how to respond to this..thought about it for a while and decided..... sometimes being a "freak" isn't too bad. Here's some pics I took in Fort Worth this past weekend...all could be considered "freaks" if you will, but you can park any one of them in my driveway.
My point is being different can be incredibly interesting if pulled off well.

Zapato

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2010-10-03 20:52
subtle, effective. Imagine some canted tailfins on top of the fenders..like a '57

I still like the idea, if you take time and play with with it you are likely to come up with a winner. And as I've always believed when it comes to our cars it only has to please you and no one else. Specially if you manage to keep it "SUBTLE".  Any more pictures of what looks like a wildly modified 64 Fairlane?
Zapato

RICH MUISE

I wasn't sure what year it was..I was guessing '63. Somewhere I have a brochure from the company that was using it, or built it, as a display. Lots of body panels,bumpers, ect. covered in what looked like a mylar film. You had to look real close to tell it wasn't real carbon fiber. When I find that brochure, I'll check for a website, and more photos

RICH MUISE

You were right, it is a '64. Go to www.ringbrothers.com and click on video. They have about a 15 minute video on the car, but odly enough the video was extrtemely disapointing...very amatuer. Poorly done to the point where the camera guy kept the camera on the ring brothers and not on the different details they were describing. In fact..15 minutes of video and you don't even see most of the car.

JPotter57

The Ring brothers have ruined more old cars than George Barris, lol...Still, they are artists, I guess, I just wish they would kill Chevys instead of Fords..
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Zapato

Had never heard of the ring brothers before and have to agree its time for them to pick on some GM products. Lots of work ,well done but not to my personal taste. Plus I love 64 Fairlanes just the way the came from Dearborn. I grew up down the street from Ford privateer racer Bill Ireland's shop and loved what he did with 64 thru 67 Fairlanes. Also in 64 the second grade teacher at my grade school ( a brunette version of Linda Vaughn, big hair big well you know) drove a 289 Hi-Po red 64 Fairlane. Not sure if it was the car or Miss W. but I'd see that car driving by and it always gave me wood. Have always lusted for one of them if you guys figure out which one please let me know.

Zap- :unitedstates: :burnout:
Zapato