News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

rear leaf specs

Started by Alex L., 2010-09-21 14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex L.

I may need to replace my rear leafs on my 57 fairlane 500, they are looking a little rough. Does anyone have the specs on the original leafs? or possibly some kind of new similar replacement? i am not very well versed on exactly how leafs are measured so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

RICH MUISE

Alex...welcome...I love to see a first post from someone. This may not answer the question you have, but I brought rear leafs up for discusion a few months back...You'll find the posts about 4 down from this one, in this category.....Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Alex L.

Lol, Forum searching fail. I can't believe i didn't see that thread. I checked out ebay and found the seller and a listing for those very springs, so when the money comes and i am certain that i need them i will probably get them. Thanks for the directions to the answer to my question.

redshoes57

Go to jamacosuspension.com. They have leaf springs, you can get them at 3 different level hights. I bought a set 2 in low. They advertise in rod and custom.

cool57

Alex, I had custom lowered springs made at St Louis Spring Co. in St Louis, MO. They have specs, stock and custom, for a zillion cars. They are located on Laclede Ave. St Louis Spring was the initial supplier for JAMCO before they grew. I got this info from the late Jim Genty, founder of JAMCO and from the folks at St Louis Spring. I am happy with mine.

boze

alex,

fyi for new rear leaf springs for the '57 check out kanter    www.kanter.com/

they're expensive ($595) but new and good quality.

they have quality restoration parts for many years and many cars.

boze

RICH MUISE

Kanter's..@ $595 or Mcveigh's @ $187. I'm usually the last person in the world that puts price before quality..but how can there be this much difference in pricing, and isthere a difference in quality? Has anyone had any problems with poor quality springs from anyone ..other than posible fitment issues? Unless the cheapies are springs imported from china with inferior materials I just can't justify the 3x pricing
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe