News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

The last road trip of summer

Started by Lono, 2010-10-01 20:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Lono

Okay, its fall already but my insurance is just about empty so today was the official, "Last roadtrip of summer".

Made me way to town today.
Sun was bright and warm too, about 24 C .

Had to stop for a couple beauty shots along the way...
Dust was down so kinda nice not to be fighting dust bunnies and not a cloud in the sky.

Stopped in to see if Robin was in the shop. He's building a T sedan and i'm giving him a hand when I can.. Guess he's out and I could see the lock on the beer fridge.

Picked up some groceries ( and I just remembered I forgot something too)

checked the mail on the way home.

Time to make it back up the long dusty trail.

Have to head back to town for the milk I furgot.  ;)

Sure has been a wonderful Hot Rod Summer and getting to know the lot of you has made it great!

Wife says I got a brain like a siv, drive all the way to down and i dun furgot what i went for ( he says with a smile) . Not nice so i took off for town for the milk I forgot ealier. Insurance is done on monday so I go by ranchero this time.

Time to sweep out the garage and get ready to park the girls.

I pulled up but I guess the tank is empty.

Stopped to say hello to the girls next door.

I think they'll be mooving soon.

Think this is Cow Patty...

School is out and a local sprat is gitting picked up.

Lots of people getting ready for the weekend but I got a good spot in the dairy isle.

Must be getting close to winter... there's EGG NOGG in the cooler already!

So after gitting my milk i wondered back out to the car, jammed the key in the hole and it wouldnt turn. The key is a loose fit but always worked. This time it wouldnt turn in the ignition. WHAT the @#$%@#$%#%#@#$%@%????
So here I am fighting with the ignition and finally deside to go in and buy some WD40 to spray in the hole, just in case its gummed up. Well, tht didnt help. So I pulled the ignition and prepared to hot wire it. Of couse, I dont have any wire in the car.

I hate then the wife is right cause while i was screwing around getting ready to hot wire the car I found these things jabbing me in the leg. I guess I was using the wrong set.

Sure not looking forward to driving Bodwell in the snow again this year. Dang honda gits stuck so easy when its over 5 inches deep.

Time to back it in and dust it off before covering it for winter in a blankie.

Oh well, April isn't that far away...

Then again between now and then, this guy's going to see a lot of action.  :cussing:
\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

Frankenstein57

Nice road trip, I see you didn't sell either car. Not a good time to sell a classic, looks like they both are worth what you were asking. Seems like the project cars are selling just fine, I guess you can work on them and spend the $$$ at your own pace.  So your buddy leaves the shop open, but the beer fridge locked? Mines the opposite, that way if you know how to get in you can enjoy some refreshments.   Mark

Ford Blue blood

Mark I think it is against the law in Wisconsin to put a lock on the beer locker!  :003:
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II