News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Early 60's customized 57 Fairlane 500

Started by Lono, 2010-08-13 12:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Lono

I need to let my fairlaine and Ranchero go if I want to buy the retractable I found.
This is an original 60's custom with history back to the original Arizona customiser.

It's history is as follows.
The car was bought from the original owner by a young kid in Arizona in 61. He drove it to school and then it as built a custom around 62. He had the scallop work done in 1962 as it is now with the exception of the scallops being trimmed in the lower light blue colour. *(The repaint was done by the second customiser to own it and the scallops were done as original but a poor job of masking pooched them). Around 1970 he pulled the motor and replaced it with the 67 Fairlane 390.

The original "kid" kept the car on the road until 1976 and it was showing its age. The seats had gotten tattered so he had them redone like they were. He continued to drive the fairlane until 1998. His interests changed and he parked the car until 2002. He then sold the car to a retired customizer he knew in Colorado.

The retired customizer moved it to Colorado where he began the restoration work on the body. It was solid but showing dings and minimal rust. He took the car down to metal and repainted it as it originally was. He removed the original "dummy" spot lights and they're long gone.

He drove the car for a couple years but never got " excited" about going any further with it. He parked it in his garage in a car cover and there it sat.

The gentleman I bought it from bought the car in 2006. His intention was to clean it up and cruise in it. His plans changed when he got bit by the Deuce bug and little has been done to it since then. He did put an eddie intake on it and installed new carpets but thats as far as he got. Its been in dry storage since 2006 except for around the block trips a couple times a year.

In talking to the original customiser, he had dreams of putting a 54 chev grill in it at the time but he ended up in the service ( didnt quite get the details on that) so it never happened. He was overwhelmed to get pictures of it and said it looked like it did when he owned it and kicked himself for ever selling it.

The paint is pretty good over all and a cut wax brought it up pretty nice.
The interior cleaned up nearly spotless using Argosheen and mr clean magic scrub pads.

Here is how it looked when I found it. It had been pulled out of the garage and had just been put up for sale.

Since I purchased the car I have installed new coils, shocks front and rear, detailed the  original interior, installed new wide whites and rims and a new high pressure rad. I've also attended a number of shows and get rave reviews.

Fly here, I'll pick you up and you can drive it home relaxed knowing you'll get where you're going. There's no rust and the roll pan was done right... no mud!

Price is firm at $15,000.

I'm 6 ft. This first picture is to show the ride height.

\\\"I refuse to buy another project....is that car for sale?\\\"

Lono

seems my digital is crapping out.
Heres some pictures of her taken last weekend at a show and shine.

Lono

fresh pictures posted. New camera... new fun!  :002:

Lono

Last ditch effort to buy my Retractable...

Sold

Lono

SOLD

Lono

Lono

Heading to florida and a great new owner..
will be passing this site along to him. he seems a very great guy.