News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

what to do?

Started by canadian_ranchero, 2010-10-09 23:44

Previous topic - Next topic

canadian_ranchero

almost have the wiring pulled out of the mark viii for my engine swap.am pulling the tail light and head light wiring to put in the car.now the question,should i put in some of the other electrical options in at the same time?if i put in some door lock actuaters i could make the hand held remotes work.if i use the head light switch ,put the light sensor in,the auto head lights would work.i could mount the message sensor [maybe behind the ash tray?]with a little wiring modes make that work.what about the auto dim rear view mirror?if i can sort out the sensor for the power antenna i could make it go up and down when you turn the radio on and off.i could go on,but you get the idea.opinions?      

Ford Blue blood

Before you start go to HELM and purchase the electrical manual for the year and model (LSC or base - might be the same manual, don't remember) and read - read - read.  The manual is not real cheap but I would never try with out having it and I did trons for a living!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

canadian_ranchero

i have the shop manual and the wiring book.i used to work for a ford dealer and my specialty was electrical and fuel injection so i have already looked at if it is possible to do some of this

RICH MUISE

Gary...If I had you're background I'd go for it.I sure miss my message center,compass,outside temp. ...things like that...when I'm in a car that doesn't have it. I particularly like the message for my wife that beeps and says "service required"...the neat thing about all that stuff in an old car is there is no outward visible evidence that it is there. It would be alot of work..but what a kick. Just my 2 cents.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

JPotter57

You guys are spoiled, man, lol...My daily driver is a 61 F100 unibody.  It's pretty much a street rod, shiny paint, Old Torq Thrust wheels, etc, its most advanced feature is the CD player.  Otherwise, its a carbed 302 and 5 speed.  It has roll up windows, no air (I'm in south Mississippi) and I dont miss any of it.  My ast ride was a late model F150 SuperCab, and I sold it to get my Uni...Different strokes I guess, but I enjoy my old stuff for their simplicity.  I worked as a Ford tech, electronics and driveability, and I hated working on that stuff every day.  My old Fords get me away from it all.  Enjoy your late models in old wrappers guys.  My dad pretty much agrees with you all, he just finished his `63 Falcon convertible with all 2004 Mach 1 drivetrain and suspension.  It is cool, but not my bag.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

canadian_ranchero

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2010-10-10 13:52
You guys are spoiled, man, lol...My daily driver is a 61 F100 unibody.  It's pretty much a street rod, shiny paint, Old Torq Thrust wheels, etc, its most advanced feature is the CD player.  Otherwise, its a carbed 302 and 5 speed.  It has roll up windows, no air (I'm in south Mississippi) and I dont miss any of it.  My ast ride was a late model F150 SuperCab, and I sold it to get my Uni...Different strokes I guess, but I enjoy my old stuff for their simplicity.  I worked as a Ford tech, electronics and driveability, and I hated working on that stuff every day.  My old Fords get me away from it all.  Enjoy your late models in old wrappers guys.  My dad pretty much agrees with you all, he just finished his `63 Falcon convertible with all 2004 Mach 1 drivetrain and suspension.  It is cool, but not my bag.
this is why i am in a dilemma.i want things simple like you.but i will have the mark harness in the car,the plugs for the accessories will be there.what to do?