News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

E-Brake Toggle

Started by CDN.SD, 2010-11-06 15:12

Previous topic - Next topic

CDN.SD

Is the emergency brake arm that attaches to the cross-member supposed to be straight, (when viewed from the top or bottom) or is it angled?

The one I'm working on has about a 20 degree bend right at the notch that I don't think is supposed to be there, but I want to be sure before straightening it out.

Necessity is the mother of butchery

RICH MUISE

not sure if you're talking about the short bracket or the long one. I tried to take some pics of my road-crap covered ones that have been hanging under the car for a few years now. the pics aren't too good...there's so much mud, etc on them but maybe they'll help. the short one has about a 90 degree bend in it if that's the one you're talking about...and the long one has all kinds of bends and curves. If these aren't the brackets your talking about let me know...I didn't look, but I seem to remember a bracket that was riveted to the crossmember...if that's the one I'll try to get a look at it.   Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CDN.SD

Thanks for replying. I guess the one I have must have been replaced at one time or another.

It is a piece of 1" by 1/4" (aprox) bar with a flat loop on one end that the front cable goes through, and it has a rounded groove where the "D" shaped adjusting nut fits. On the other end is a short 1/4" bolt, to keep it from falling out of the slots on the cross-member bracket, and a notch that it pivots on. Right now, it has a bend at the notch that I don't think should be there, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else found a similar link to the one I've tried to describe?
Necessity is the mother of butchery